Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Your coffee looks like chocolate milk

     Well, that's the quote of the day from my husband, Jesse.  He says this as he eats nasty store-bought cookies.  As if my kitchen hasn't looked like the Keebler elves had a food fight for the last week or so.   Let me start at the beginning, or last a few months ago.  Things might begin to make more sense.

     It started the end of August.  Since I couldn't seem to leave my current job, where I had been for the last 9+ years,  God saw fit to move me.  So here I am looking for a new job, career, whatever you want to call it.  At first I was devastated, but now I see what a blessing it really was. (I wasn't happy there for the last few years, just couldn't step out of my comfort zone).

     Since then, amid the hundreds of applications, resume uploads, ect...I've had plenty of time to figure out what I want to do with myself.  Like many wise people told me..I am now free to choose my path.  I don't have to stay in the medical field (20 years is a long time); I can do anything I want.

     This has given me time to pursue my passion..COOKING/BAKING!  So that brings me up to date..sort of.  For the last couple of months, I have been able to cook for someone who just had surgery; discover a whole new world of serving with 'I Am Hope Cafe' and Metropolitan Ministries; and subject my family and friends to lots of taste-testing.

     Now back to tonight.  I've been asked to make dessert for a group at church (well, group meaning mom-in-law and her team..lol), and honestly, I am preening like a peacock.  I just finished with a week-long project of baking goodies for my brother-in-law's Christmas program at Baylife.  The grand total from that was 3 batches of spritz cookies, 4 batches of brownie bites, 2 batches of coconut macaroons, 3 bread bowls with spinach dip, 2 batches of mexican wedding cookies, and a cream cheese pound cake (after saying that a few times, almost want to end it with 'and a partridge in a pear tree', haha).  Added to that were the *cough* *cough* store-bought things like Chex mix (hey, it was the cocoa mix. What can I say, I'm a sucker for mini marshmallows).  This is why my kitchen should be entered for some sort of disaster relief clean-up efforts.  Any volunteers?

     Since this is my first blog, and it seems to be all over the place, I'll end it here for the night.  Who knows...if you're nice, I might even share a recipe or two.

     Have a blessed night!

2 comments:

  1. This was funny, and I will clean for sweets!!! Not Kidding!! I am excellent at cleaning, u r excellent at baking, there u go!!!

    ReplyDelete