Monday, February 7, 2011

Yay for mess-ups!!!

     Yes, I said it.  Yay for mess-ups!  That's been the theme over the last week or so, at least when it comes to my cooking.  I have couple new dishes that resulted from something going wrong with my original planned meal. 

     Now, to see if I can duplicate that without making the prior mistakes will be my challenge.  Wonder if I should start writing these things down as I go (say the voices in my head), but that would just be the grown-up, responsible thing to do.  Just ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you I am about as far from that person as you can get. ;)  That's alright though, it makes living with me an adventure. 

     Hmmmm..debating about fessing up to the botched cooking...ah, what the heck.  You see, my daughter was grilling a piece of chicken on the Foreman (after I told her the marinade she was using would be fine since it was fat-free).  Needless to say, it wasn't as 'fine' as I said.  Forgot about the fat-free part, and her chicken burned the outside and left the inside raw.  So what's a good mom to do?  She gives her a piece with a little 'fat' added back into the marinade to start over, leaving me trying to figure how to salvage the other.  Thus, a new chicken with creamy tomato sauce was born.

     Now, there was nothing quite so dramatic as that for the new meatball recipe.  Only the fact that I cannot seem to read a recipe correctly, and didn't get everything I needed before I left the house.  Either way, a little change up of ingredients and viola....a new meatball recipe.  Seemed to go over pretty well.  I think Jesse like it too!  (which is good since I don't really care for it, but that's the way it is with many things I make). 

So here's a toast *clink* to more cooking mishaps.  ;)

    

1 comment: