Saturday, October 22, 2011

Be Someone's Brownie

Alright, I know it's been a while since you've heard from me.  Things have been going like a whirlwind lately.  My first cruise came and went with a bang!  I was fortunate enough to meet one of the chef's on Princess Cruise's 'Star Princess', and I have an autographed cookbook as well.  Let me tell you, there is a recipe for a strawberry soup that looks AMAZING. 

After the cruise, God blessed me with a job where the things I do directly benefit people, and it's such a Godly place to work. 

Now, the biggest thing that's happened is I was blessed to be asked to lead a workshop for the Live, Love, Laugh ladies retreat this past weekend at Bell Shoals Church.  When I was approached (silly me), I figured there would only be about 25-30 ladies in my class.  DUH!!!  It's a cooking class...who doesn't love food you don't have to cook, dishes you aren't washing, and lots of yummy samples?!? 

Turns out, there were around 150 ladies in there.  I thought I was going to...well...I had no thought.  My mind went completely blank when I walked in and faced all those ladies.  Thanks to some wonderful words of wisdom from my sister and another S.I.C. (Sister In Christ), I got through it. 

We had samples of Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup and Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownies.  I also demonstrated Apple Stuffed Pork Chops, Glazed Carrots and an Apple-Pear Tart.  I also did a Salmon Packet with Spinach.

I think I have the bug...the workshop bug.  Even though I didn't sleep the night before, and drove everyone within earshot of my voice absolutely crazy, I LOVED IT!!!  I'm already thinking about next year.  So, who can I sign up?  (he he)

God did some amazing things that weekend.  Can you imagine 500-600 ladies in one place, at one time...and did not hear a single grumble, complaint, or whine?!?  Now that's a God thing.  :)

Seriously, it made me think about my first night serving at I Am Hope cafe; the little 4-5 year old girl that didn't know what a brownie was.  That was me before I knew Jesus.  So I'm sending you away with this thought:

Go be some one's brownie!!!

Happy Eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment