Saturday, January 15, 2011

Confused much?

     Well, it's been a little while since I've been on here.  Alot has happened since then, besides the holidays.  So many things whirling around in my head, hard to know where to begin.

     Had a wonderful road trip through North Carolina, then on to West Virginia and LOTS of snow; great family time, and then back to North Carolina for the USF bowl game.  We were lucky enough to get seats between the 45-50 yard line, behind USF's bench, on the first row field level.  YAY!!!

     Now, for the reason I'm so confused, hehe.  After a lot of discussions and out-loud dreaming, I think we (Jesse and I) have a plan.  Since my ultimate goal is to own my own cafe in Sun City Center (I just love old people), I really need to do something in the meantime to hone my skills, make some money, and kind of, I don't know, get my name out there.

     So, next week I will file for my business license and fictitious name with the State of Florida so I can be a personal chef.  Yay!!!!  I'm so excited about this, it has made me impatient.  I was on the sunbiz.org site to check and be sure the name I want to use has not been taken, and it has not.  BUT (and it's a BIG but), I have to wait until Jesse and I do our budget and get things in order to file for it.  Then I can go get my business license on Tuesday (since they are not open Monday).  This is where God has really blessed me with wonderful people in my life.  Friends and family that have the knowledge, skills, and connections that are making this process quite a bit easier for me than it should.

     As for the 'skill honing', I got to cook for my EY family this past week.  Had such a great time!  Made stuffed shells, Parmesan crusted chicken, scalloped tomatoes, and a cheesecake with raspberry sauce.  The night before that, I got to cook for the ladies in my lifegroup.  We had chicken with apples and leek, pasta, and creme brulee, with french bread and brie with apricot and pecans and a nice Chianti to start things off.

     Now, I have to find a way to make my friends (family) understand when I ask for feedback, I need more than "That was good" or "That was wonderful".  LOL  I need things like, "it needs more or less of this" or "I don't think these things go together very well".    :)

     So, remember when I said sometimes God moves you when you think you can't or won't because He has other plans?  Well, I think I'm beginning to see the 'other plans' He has for me.  At least, I hope I'm headed in the right direction.   Either way, I'm going to have a blast finding out.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment