Saturday, January 22, 2011

Just because you have a business called Polarbear's Kitchen..it doesn't mean we have to live in an igloo.

     Good morning to you to, hon.  hehe  That was the statement I was told this morning as I came back inside with the dogs.  My wonderful husband (and I do mean wonderful..he's AWESOME!) closing all the windows and doors in the house.  Ok, just because it was 62 in my house this morning does not mean we live in an igloo.  Close, but not quite (lol).

     On that note, I was talking with dad (my father-in-law), and was telling him maybe it was a good thing Jesse closed up the house since I was making bread today.  Before I could say anything, he piped up with "Well, you can always bring the dough next door to our house to rise".  LOL, Now you see where Jesse gets it from.

     I have to admit, that thought did cross my mind.  As for the bread I'm baking today...it is a Sun dried Tomato Braid.  The upside of a new business, I have to practice alot.  The downside, someone has to taste everything I'm making.  Wonder if I can find anyone to be my taste testers and give me honest feedback?  (yes my friends, that is my short-lived attempt at sarcasm).

     As for my business, I had my first client on Thursday, and I had the honor of being able to make lunch for my EY family while I was cooking for my client.  Now that's fun!  I love being in a kitchen cooking while there are lots of people around talking, laughing and generally having a good time (as long as they stay out of the kitchen..lol).

     From the feedback I've gotten, I think things went well.  I do have to say, one of the dishes I made (Habanero and Spinach Stuffed Chicken) came out better than I have EVER made it at home.  Jesse even told my client he was tempted to come to their house for dinner.  I take that as a huge compliment. 

     I'm blessed to have my first client be someone I know, so I can be sure I will get honest feedback.  It also allows me to use them to work out the kinks in my service.  I was able to make a list of things I needed that I did not bring, notes to make the flow a little smoother; things like that.  So THANK YOU to my client (they know who they are).  I hope you enjoyed eating it as much as I loved cooking for you.  :)

     I'll let you know how the bread turns out!  Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment