Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Here's to New Beginnings!!!

     As of approximately 10:30 this morning, I officially became a tax paying business owner.  Yay!!!! (except maybe about the taxes thing..lol).  Allow me to introduce myself:  I am the owner of Polarbear's Kitchen, a Personal Chef Service.  I'm your chef, Fluffy!! ;)

     Ok, so maybe not the best name (Fluffy), but an apt description of me.  It's alright though.  Would you want to hire a personal chef that looks like they can make a clementine last a week?  I know it could be said that a 'fluffy' chef not be ideal either, but it's my blog...so I'm going with 'fluffy' chefs are better.  :)

     I have my first client tomorrow, and I am literally brimming with excitement.  Now I know how my dog feels when she's looking out side, whole body quivering and sitting at the ready, when she thinks I'm going to let her out after the bird. (Calm down, no bird-homicide, but she doesn't know that). 

     As much fun as I have had brain-storming to come up with my first menu, that's nothing compared to when I actually go to my client's home and start cooking tomorrow.  So, are we going to start a pool to guess how many times I check and re-check to be sure I have everything packed that I might need?  I'll start...at least 4. (hey, if it's more than that, and you guess right..maybe dinner on me for the winner) 

     There's a bonus about my first client; her grandmother came to the U.S. direct from Italy, and my client has her cookbook and has said I can 'peek' at them and maybe 'tryout' some recipes.  Wonder if she'd notice a scanner and laptop set up next to it...hahaha

     Well, off to start getting things together.  I wonder if maybe I should sleep on the couch tonight so Jesse can get some sleep.  I know I won't..but that's just fine with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment